Monday, November 28, 2011

He would do anything for love...

Absolutely anything.

Synopsis: (from the book site)
Ken and Melissa are at the dawn of a magnificent life together. A passionate romance has led them to the doorstep of marriage. While searching for the perfect wedding present for Melissa, Ken stumbles into a mysterious shop. There, he is given an extraordinary opportunity – to look in on Melissa when she was a girl. Ken has always wished he could have known Melissa from the day she was born and this seems like an incredible blessing. Until he discovers a terrible secret in Melissa's past, one so awful she has found it impossible to mention to him.

Now Ken has another extraordinary opportunity. He can go back in time and change the horrible event that has left an indelible mark on Melissa. He can free her of this burden – but doing so could change things so completely that they might never meet.

Ken has repeatedly told Melissa that he would do anything for her. But would he truly do anything?
                                                                      


For more about the book and to read an excerpt, click HERE

Humina, humina, humina.... ok, ok this review isn't going to write itself.

This story is a heart twister in the form of a book. It's heartwarming, and loving, and all those things that make you want to fall asleep with it next to you on the pillow. 

Take this part for example (from page 26):
Later that night, as she lay in my arms sleeping, I wondered how it was possible that this had happened to me. I never dreamed of a woman like Melissa. I never believed it was possible that a person could make me feel the way she did. As I kissed her hair and settled my head against hers, though, I knew one thing for sure. I could never live without her. Now that she was here, now that she showed me what life could be like with a partner who thrilled me and challenged me and inspired me, I could never be satisfied with anything else.
I pulled her just a little tighter to me and felt immensely thankful that we would always be together.

See what I mean?? *sigh* Ah, true love.

Anyway, I find a love story from the male POV to be very refreshing.  I have not found very often a gooey love story completely written in a single POV, much less that of the man of the relationship, and written by a man.  I will confess, I don't normally go for this kinda thing, never having read a Sparks novel myself. But this book is worth it.  For me this is a breath of fresh air, an easy read, mysterious and thought provoking as well.

Also interesting is the story's premise.  How many of us actually get to prove, even if only to ourselves, that we would actually do anything for the one we love? Even if it costs us that very love.

Truly a pleasant read.. I give it

4.5 Cool Pineapples

Till we meet again
Kiwi

No comments: