Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Is there hope for our future?? Books number next, next and next...

OK so I forgot which numbers these books are, and I didn't look it up so there :p


SO my next reading adventure was as promised *ahem* twice was The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins.  Sometimes scary when one remembers these are YA novels the further you get, better when you realize that's ok there's no sex.

SPOILER ALERT

This series is a futuristic novel set in a time where we have tried to destroy the earth and each other and a new government pops up where one is no longer.  Set in what in our times is maybe Kentucky/Tennessee/Pennsylvania I guess since there are coal mines and Colorado/Nevada since its in the Rockies, this story revolves around a topic simply horrifying to the mother of three that writes this blog.  I cannot imagine every year having to deal with the possibility of losing a child to something as nasty as the Hunger Games.  These "games" are really more of an episode of survivor only all the contestants must be killed instead of voted off the island.  And the victor, the last victim standing wins all the goods, or bads in this case.

With all that said, I am very glad that I read these before my kids.  One definitely needs to have read this to be able to discuss it with kids.

The books were so good, it only took me 2 days to finish all three and my hubby felt really left out.  Suzanne Collins, gurl you owe me some beauty sleep!

Till next time
Kiwi

No comments: