Wednesday, March 9, 2011

SCREEECHHHHH....Brake and detour...books 4, 5 and 6

So on my way to Hunger Games I took a brief detour through the library bag and read these books. 


First up:  Moon Shell Beach by Nancy Thayer

This being the second of Nancy's books that I have read, I find her books meaningful and insightful, touching and poignant at times.  Though something tells me those words all pretty much take on the same meaning.  This is a story of 2 women who were friends from an early age and who were raised in different lifestyles and who then part to go their separate ways.  Fast forward a dozen or so years and they reunite, heal old scars and form an everlasting new bond of friendship. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to read more of her stuff.


The other 2 books will be mentioned but not thoroughly reviewed for reasons of my own inability and are being noted for counting purposes


The first was Tales of Beetle the Bard  by JK Rowling and Albus Dumbledore and as translated by Hermoine Granger who are 2 of  JK's Harry Potter series characters.

I read this with my kids simply because it relates to the last book and movie.  Cute.

And next is the latest installment of the Dragonriders of Pern series Dragongirl by Anne and Todd McCaffrey.

This a long running series I first starting a wicked azz long time ago.  I was excited however to see that it continues with the help of Anne's son Todd.  As always I enjoyed the book with all its twists and turns (get it? ;) that usually pester these poor people during the reign of the red star.  Thank you for curing that illness affecting the dragons, I was afraid the series would be going away again.  I again await the next installment with baited breath....

This next time I really will be blogging the Hunger Games series, I promise.

As always
Kiwi

No comments: