Friday, March 18, 2011

To synopsis or not synopsis?

Sitting here debating with myself the subject of my blogging.

In a book review, and why exactly do I expect my opinion to matter, is it a real necessity to take however many pages and break it down into 3 seconds or less of information that basically means you dont have to read the book.  I mean are reviews supposed to be like handy Cliff's Notes?  Hmm...do they even still make Cliff's Notes???

And how does one break down a book where so many things happen on a single page, much less chapter, or hell, book?? I tried to write a synopsis on a certain YA series and the dam thing was as long as a term paper!

So I think I've come to the conclusion that all but my most basic blogs will be sans SPOILER ALERT.  Aside from the fact that I'm already a solid 15 books behind myself on this thing, I guess I prefer to leave the real writing up to the authors.

Patiently waiting for the next DABWAHA round

Kiwi

No comments: